Welcome, Eva Manzano!

I would like to introduce you to Eva Manzano, BEng, MA, Senior Global WASH Advisor at CAWST. Eva will be leading communication and engagement for the HWTS Network on behalf of CAWST. I am leaving CAWST to join the provincial health authority’s response to COVID-19 in Alberta.

Eva has worked in WASH for more than 10 years. She brings a depth of experience working with CAWST’s clients and partners in Latin America, including strategic work with the Colombian government to reach underserved populations in the country with HWTS technologies.

She led CAWST’s involvement and facilitation of the Regional Latin American HWTS Network Meeting in Colombia in 2018. Eva has also spent three years supporting the Lao PDR government to strengthen their ability to provide water, sanitation, and hygiene technical support and training to district governments and civil society organizations, including HWTS. Welcome, Eva!

There is much work to be done together to ensure that the right WASH solutions are used in the right contexts, to achieve meaningful impacts on health, wellbeing, and dignity. I wish you all the best in continuing to share your learnings, research, best practices, and experiences with other actors to advance HWTS and water quality interventions.

I see tremendous potential for Network members to collaborate and contribute to people drinking safe water globally. I wish you all the best in your collective efforts towards this goal. 

Best wishes,
Melinda Foran, P. Eng, MSPH

3 replies